Saturday, October 22, 2011

Dear The Hunger Games, I love you. Love, Laura

Recently (and constantly) I have been obsessed with the Hunger Games book trilogy.

OBSESSED.

Since Harry Potter ended, I guess I needed something amazing and special and magical-ish to occupy my time, and this book series filled that particular void. So I have pimped it out to friends, relatives, people who come within a 10 foot radius of me in an effort to find someone else around with whom I could babble on about them for lengthy periods of time. However, now that that's done and I've read them all (twice) I. Need. More. Stat. I know that the first movie is coming out early next year, which I am pumped for, but thus far the 30-seconds-of-trees trailer just isn't doin' it for me.

So, to make myself feel better over the summer I started to draw a bunch of the characters from book one. It started by accident, I swear, while doodling with a No. 2 pencil. And no reference. Just desperation. And I suppose a desire to put down on paper what I saw in my head before my brain was influenced by the movie. But mostly I think that I was just desperate.

SO, without further ado, here are Katniss and Peeta:





More to follow in the future!


*sigh* I do love that boy with bread. 
I did not do him justice. 

2 comments:

  1. If I read the Hunger Games, I would be more enthused by this - but the fact that I already love these photos SAYS SOMETHING.

    I especially like all of the bread back-dropping Peeta's head. And the badass aura that Katniss seems to emit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Since they are full of bread and badassery, I thought they were appropriate backdrops.

    ReplyDelete