Saturday, November 12, 2011

Oh Snow White, how white you are.

If there ever was a princess whose name leant itself to describing how she looked - it's Snow White. I went ahead and took it a step further with mine, giving her straight up albino complexion. Therefore making her more... white snow colored. So here you have it:

Snow White

beginning... 

 ... and end
Oil, 20"x 30"

All three of the driptastic princesses that I did ended up with exciting hair... but hers is all tucked away as she is probably peering out that window to call to some chickadees or baby deer or the like. That's what I would do. I love baby deer.

On the topic of Snow White, one of my favorite retellings of her fairy tale is the short story by Neil Gaiman, "Snow, Glass, Apples". It is told from the perspective of the 'evil' queen and lends itself to a generation of people who looooove themselves some supernatural business in their stories. I highly recommend taking the 10-15 minutes out of your day that it'll take to read it (if you haven't already). WORTH IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment